As if you need any more reasons to go to the Philadelphia Flower Show (just go back over all the awesome ones we’ve given you over the past month!), here are 10 fun reasons you should MAKE IT HAPPEN this weekend:
1) It smells AMAZING in the Convention Center.
2) There is a SUPER FUN Family Lounge for the kiddos to explore
3) Having trouble convincing the men folk to join you? There is a Philadelphia Flower Show MAN CAVE, complete with TV’s showing sports games, surround sound speakers, poker and blackjack tables, as well as beer and snacks!
4) On Sunday, Girl Scouts in their uniforms get admission for 1/2 price!
5) On Saturday, the Show runs from 8 am to 9:30 pm!
6) On Saturday, there is a cooking demonstration from Aimee Olexy (of Chester County’s own Talula’s Table in Kennett Square!)
7) There will be hula dancing.
8) If you are a WXPN fan, Kathy O’Connell (of “Kids Corner”) will be reading “The Lorax” on Sunday March 12 at 2pm.
9) On Sunday from 3:45 – 5:15 pm, bring the kids in for Sprout Snack! Join Sprout’s Kelly from The Sunny Side Up Show, The Pajanimals, and the Berenstain Bears for an interactive afternoon snack. Characters will join you at your table for one-on-one time, photos, and autographs. Please note: The Sprout Snack requires a special ticket; click here to order.
10) Did we mention there are flowers? And it smells good?
We hope to see you there! Have you already gone this week? Tell us about your visit!
This post is brought to you with support of the Philadelphia International Flower Show. (Which runs March 4 – March 11, 2011). Find them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!