Collisions happen and sometimes it’s hard to know what to do. But the following are some tips to help you be prepared in case it happens to you.
- Stay calm and assess yourself and your passengers for injuries. Determine if it is safer to stay in the car or get out of it depending on your situation and any damage.
- Do what you can to alert other drivers to steer clear, whether it’s just putting your hazards on or putting cones/warning triangles/flares around your car.
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Start taking notes and recording the damage. If your phone has a camera, great. If not, consider keeping a disposable in the car for this purpose. Using a dashcam in your car can make this whole process a lot easier.
- Exchange insurance information with other drivers and make sure your mind is clear when you speak to the police. Let them determine who was at fault.
- Call your insurance company and arrange to have your vehicle towed, if required.
- If you’re looking for a body shop to handle your repairs, Reedman-Toll Jaguar’s Collision Center accepts all insurances. They staff the most qualified technicians and have state of the art equipment. They also offer free estimates.
Monday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Reedman Toll Jaguar
1700 E Lincoln Highway
Langhorne, PA 19047
We all hope to never need these tips but it’s always best to be prepared. Have a tip to add? Please let us know in the comments below!
This post was sponsored by Reedman-Toll Jaguar. All opinions are 100% my own.