Last week we received our Raddish Kids box in the mail. Raddish is a monthly cooking kit that takes the guesswork out of cooking with kids. Each teacher-created thematic Raddish kit cooks up culinary adventures and family fun. A perfect gift for kids ages 3-12!
My daughters LOVE to cook, but truthfully, I don’t allow them in my “sanctuary” while I’m making dinner. When we bake, sure, they’re always front and center to stir, pour, and lick. With Raddish kids, the goal is that they help make a meal from appetizer to dessert, and a meal that children will enjoy!
Enclosed in the box is everything you need, including:
* 3 family friendly recipe guides, carefully illustrated for kids, that provide parents with the necessary know-how to create fun, enriching, and delicious kitchen lessons. Recipes printed on durable and wipe-able laminate.
* 1 skill card to help kids and parents learn culinary techniques.
* 2 creative activities, with all the necessary materials or kitchen tools, aimed at getting
your family creating, talking, and eating together. Activities range from science experiments and art projects to oral histories and foodie games.
* A shopping list.
* Table talk cards to ensure fun conversation.
* An adorable Raddish patch to be ironed-on to a Raddish apron.
* Free online bonus recipes and activities.
Our kit had us making Carved Cucumber Boats (with hummus), Doodle Noodle bowls (an Asian inspired dish), and a Pastry Fruit Tart. The cards were easy for the girls to follow without even reading because of the clear pictures and numbered boxes indicating which step we were on.
Our meal took longer than the cards suggested, but that was because I had 3 little chefs, ages 2.3, 4.5, and 6. It was an hour of quality time with the girls. I had their attention, we had great conversation and they learned a lot. Plus, I learned a lot too! My oldest said she wants to do this once a week and when does our next box arrive! AND, all 3 ate everything we made. A huge success!
Click here to order your own Raddish subscription. And if you enter code PHILLYBURBMOMS you will receive 25% off your first kit with purchase of a 3, 6, or 12 month membership!
Disclaimer: In exchange for my trial Raddish box, I wrote this post for Raddish Kids. All opinions are my own.