Lancaster County (PA) – Cherry Crest Adventure Farm plans to end its season Saturday, Nov. 4, with a big bang – with fireworks, special activities, and the return of its 8th Annual Pumpkin Madness Festival. Throwing, smashing, carving, hurling, rolling and dropping pumpkins are all part of the festivities.
Cherry Crest opens at 10 a.m. with its popular family venue of 50+ farm fun activities, games and rides, its Discovery Barn and Animal Experience Center, Country Pig Races & Show, and the 5-acre interactive Amazing Maize Maze®.
The Pumpkin Madness Fest runs from noon to 5 p.m., followed by the popular Flashlight Maze activities starting at 7 p.m. and fireworks display at 8:30.
New this year is a special guest appearance by Nashville Recording Artist Sam Schmidthuber around 5:30 p.m. His first EP, Must Be, was released last October, followed by his just released single, Unsung. In addition to performing at the CMA Fest 2017, he was nominated for Young Adult Entertainer of the Year and Vocalist of the Year at the 2017 Josie Music Awards.
Other Pumpkin Fest activities include:
- Notes from the Sky Pumpkin Drop – where your pumpkin is hurled from the top of a giant boom lift and crashes onto the target below. The bigger the pumpkin the better the splat! People really have fun with this as they can write messages on their pumpkins which are read over the microphone before they’re dropped!
- Reverse Pumpkin Darts – where you hurl pumpkins at a board filled with pointy darts!
- Pumpkin Chucking Contest – carefully monitored, where competitors with the farthest throws in their category win a Cherry Crest Adventure Farm season pass!
- Pumpkin Ring Toss – based on the classic carnival game.
- Pumpkin Smashing – with a big rubber mallet – very therapeutic for all ages!
- Pumpkin Bowling and Pumpkin Putt-Putt mini golf course.
- Pin-the-Face-on-the-Pumpkin – a play on Pin the Tail. Perfect for small children.
- Candy Drop at 4 p.m.
- Monster Pumpkin Drop – at 5 p.m. starring the largest pumpkin we can find. Last year it weighed in at 1,730 lbs.
Of course, no festival is complete without great food. The Paradise Fire Company will be selling every kind of pumpkin food you can think of! Pumpkin Chili, Whoopee Pies, Pumpkin Trail Mix, Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Cheese Cake and of course, Pumpkin Pie! In addition our Home Cookin’ Café, Chuck Wagon, and other food stations will be open with a wide array of hot foods to choose from!
Cherry Crest Adventure Farm’s schedule now thru closing day, Nov. 4. . .
Hours: All activities plus the maze open Thursdays 10am-5pm, Fridays/Saturdays 10am-10pm, with the Flashlight Maze Fri-Sat starting at 7pm. Last entrance to the farm and maze is 9pm. Note: Don’t forget to bring a flashlight if you plan to tackle the maze at night!
Location: 150 Cherry Hill Road in Ronks (PA), about 12 miles east of Lancaster off of Rt. 741.
Phone: toll free (866) 546-1799
On the Web: CherryCrestFarm.com
Disclaimer: We are proud to partner with Cherry Crest Farms. All opinions are our own.